Vicky Holland is that person you hope you meet in your lifetime– driven, genuine, and inspiring. She is the embodiment of dynamite philosophies. For example: “Every success is the result of continuous learning; every challenge is a reason to learn how to meet it; every day is an opportunity to become a better person and leader.” She lives her personal goal of learning something new every day by viewing others around her as her instructors who always have special nuggets to share. It is no wonder that those of us who get to see her daily would describe her as smart, ethical, honest, caring, fair, and kind. She’s easy to work with and for, always a good listener, and open to ideas and changes. As much as we appreciate Vicky, we are also very proud that we can share her with you. Read on and you will understand what it is that keeps us all smiling while being productive. Vicky’s Motto “I never lose. I either win or I learn.” Nelson Mandela
At WorkWhat has caused Pathfinders to grow the most? Our willingness to be nimble and responsive to the changing requirements of our client partners and the industry. As well as access to:
- Smart people – both co-workers and client partners who are willing to be open to possibilities
- Amazing brands and companies
- Personal passion fueled by my amazing team
- Make their lives easier
- Be an extension of their team
- Move their business forward
At PlayIf you could be a character of fiction come to life, who would it be and why? I really liked “Jones” from the book by Andy Andrews named The Noticer. I love to read, and I like many different authors and storylines/genres. What I loved about this character is how he shared his perspective and helped people see things differently. People can get so spun up about things personally and professionally and if only they would just pause and step back to see the broader view, they could regroup, take a breath, and move on in a more productive way. I know that sounds so simple, but most situations are never as horrible as they seem with a little perspective from someone who takes the time to notice and care. Describe your most recent home improvement project? We built our house just under 20 years ago and I love it! Our most recent home improvement has been painting the exterior of the house to freshen up the colors. It looks amazing. It’s crazy how changing up a few simple things, like the trim and door colors, will dramatically improve the curb appeal. What is your most treasured accomplishment? I have four things that are treasured accomplishments:
- My 30 year marriage – Jeff is my life partner and best friend
- Sydnee – she is the best parts of both Jeff and me. She will go very far with her intelligence and kindness.
- Sarah – she is my sunshine and she reminds me about what is important every day. The sky is always blue in Sarah’s world.
You may not know…Any inside information you care to share? For my work life I learned a very long time ago how to be an extrovert; however, I’m really an introvert and love quiet time to myself. My ultimate goal is to have a very healthy and happy life – with a heavy focus on the HEALTHY! As a breast cancer survivor, health and happiness move to the forefront. What is your greatest talent? My archetype is the “Caregiver” and my motivation is to make sure that the people in my personal and professional life are supported in ways that help them to be successful –whatever that success might look like. For clients/partners, I want to make sure that Pathfinders makes their life easier while getting them great results. For my team members, I want to make sure that they are being challenged while feeling a tremendous amount of mentorship and independence. For my family, I want them to be safe and loved and guided toward their goals in their life journeys. Any special reading for enjoyment? I have read every one of Dan Brown’s books and love them all. My favorite was Deception Point. I find it hard to put his books down once I get started. I read the DaVinci Code twice because there was so much to take in that I wanted to take the time to really enjoy all the detail he presents. It was just as interesting the second time around. Any favorites? Yes! I have many! Here are a few:
- Food– Anything Jeff cooks!
- TV Series– There are two I try to watch – The Good Doctor and Designated Survivor.
- Superhero– Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Love his intelligence, his wit, his use of technology, and he is adorable!
- Season– Fall in the Midwest is amazing.
- Movie– I have a very eclectic taste in movies. I continue to go to movies very frequently as I prefer to see them on the big screen. I grew up with three brothers – so I love science fiction and superhero movies. Basically anything Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel or DC are on my list.
- Activity – The best is a four-mile power walk on a sunny late afternoon with nothing but the sounds of the world around me. No phone and no headphones! It is my favorite think time – I’ve solved many problems on my walks!